Thursday, November 23, 2006

Did He Just Steal That Car?

Yesterday, as I pulled in and parked my car, I noticed this guy on the other side of the road casually walking up to another car parked on the other side. It was a well used Nissan Pulsar, probably 20 years old. The guy walked up to the passenger side door, pulled something out of his pockets, and slotted it down the passenger window. With two goes, and in about 10 seconds he had the door open. He lent in to the car, reached across the other side and unlocked the driver side door.

He then got out of the car, looked around, not noticing me sitting in my car, and walked quickly around to the driver side. I swear it took him about 5 seconds to get in the car, fiddle around, and get the car started. This makes me doubt that he could have really been stealing it. The way he drove off suggested maybe he did. He floored it, doing a U-Turn and speeding off down the street and around the corner.

Did he really steal it? It had all the classic "Look How Fast This Thief Can Steal This Car" symptoms. All up, maybe 45 seconds. It was so quick, and I was so engrossed watching I didn't take down any details of the car at all. He was also non-descript, but he looked kind of dodgy. I thought about going to the police, but then I thought, what if it was his car, and that was just the way he had to open it? I still don't know. What do you think?

Ciao for Now, It was all so quick Angry Dad.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HMMMM. that sounds VERY suspcious indeed. But, what kind of a thief would steal a 20-year-old car? Either he's really dumb or really hard up for a ride. I don't know. that would be a hard call Angry Dad. Maybe "they" were filming an undercover type cop show to see how many people would call the police if they seen a beater getting stolen? Have you ever seen those shows were they "accidentely" drop a $100 bill and then see how many people just pick it up vs. chasing the stranger down to give him back the money? Maybe it was one of those shows....?

2:55 am  
Blogger carrie said...

I am cracking up at Jodi's idea!!! But yes, he was probably fiddling around because he lacked the keys necessary to get that Pulsar running and was hot-wiring it! It's your call, don't feel bad.

Carrie

5:33 am  
Blogger LBA said...

I reckon he stole it ;)

1:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home