Sunday, November 19, 2006

The Park, take Two

We enjoyed the trip to the park yesterday so much we decided to do it again. Actually, it wasn't so much as decided, it was more that Aidan had a renewed interest in nagging us about going out on a bike ride. Ethan also wanted to again go and kick the footy. Anth wanted to go to the beach, but she was outvoted. I just really needed to get out of the house. In the morning I had cleaned the base of our shower of around 5 years of muck. You don't clean it when you think you're going to replace it. We never got around to replacing it. I think I was overcome by detoxification fumes.

Again, it was all of us who made the journey. This time around to speed up proceedings Callum was ferried down to the park in his stroller. This allowed us to take more stuff with us, including drinks, books, football and camera. As you can see, not everyone was happy to be there all the time. At this point, Ethan had felt I'd kicked the football at him one too many times. Notice how Aidan isn't to be seen in either of these upcoming shots. He'd ridden off to the playground to harass other unexpecting parents and children. We let him go.

Anth tried to read, but did have to keep a watchful eye on what Aidan was doing. She also had to ensure that Callum didn't get up to too much mischief. The kid is already a little Bamm Bamm. How do you tell a baby that has picked up a 2 meter long stick NOT to smack you with it? He also has a habit of finding any beer, soft drink or milk carton which someone has left behind, and trying to drink the dregs from it. He squeals each time it they're taken off him. This was subdued with a mummy approved drink, and the return trip home.

Ciao for Now, Destination Revisited Angry Dad.

2 Comments:

Blogger LBA said...

I have pics of my son drinking from Stubbies from the recycling bin :/

I mean they were OUR stubbies, but it sort of says something about me that I choose to take a pic than snatch the offending item away ...

Love the Bam-Bam reference. I can picture that 2metre stick ;)

7:24 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goodness. Your trip sounds exhausting. Which reminds me, I need to take my kids to the park. I haven't had that much "fun" in a very long while. thanks, angry park going Dad.

12:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home