Tuesday, November 21, 2006

"I'll See you in Hell!"

Where do kids come up with certain sayings? Whenever Ethan now jumps in the swimming pool he yells out "I'll See You In Hell!". He doesn't know, or won't admit, where he got it from. I don't know what movie he's seen where this line would come up. It's in Unforgiven. It's in The Empire Strike's Back. Hell, it's even in Buckaroo Banzai, but I haven't gotten around to getting that on DVD yet.

Maybe it was from TV, or from the school yard. I know all the kids run around and jump off things and chase each other. Ethan tells me that its one of the things the kids say in the playground, usually followed by imitated gun sounds. What rubbish are other parents teaching their kids. I'd never let my kid watch violent shows. Gee, even if I did come home and find him watching Terminator II this evening. C'mon, it's Arnie. That's not real violence is it?

Even Anth now gets in on the act. She swears that she has conversations which go along these lines.
Ethan: Where have you been?
Anth: Hell.
Ethan: What did you do there?
Anth: Nothing.
Ethan: I'll see you later.
Anth: No, I'll see you in Hell!

Maybe that's where it came from.

Ciao for Now, Not Quite That Ungodly Angry Dad.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

LMAO At least there will be some cool people there when I get there!

12:15 am  
Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

OK I am totally cracking up over this one

12:32 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TOO funny. Sounds like something Connor would say. Damn, I mean darn, kids.

11:59 am  
Blogger Bec said...

Love it!

Mine are big on 'awesome' at the moment, although the two four year olds haven't quite got the hang of where it belongs as idiom yet.

Hence: Look mum! I ate all my carrots! That was AWESOME, wasn't it mum?

Hmm, actually, maybe I should encourage that line of thinking!!

2:01 pm  
Blogger carrie said...

That's okay, our little one likes to say "let's go, rock n' roll". Wonder where she gets that one? Definitely not me.

Carrie

5:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I laughed all day at work after I read this. I got home and showed my wife and laughed some more.

I'll See you in Hell!

12:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home