Thursday, November 30, 2006

Stomach Versus Brain

Today was my first day back at work, and in terms of family life, it was kind of back to normal for everyone. No longer did I get poked and prodded in the morning with cries of "Daddy Go Work?". No longer did I lay comatose on the stink bed whilst life went on around me. No longer did my hunger abatement continue.

When you've starved yourself for five days, yummy treats look specifically delicious. Imagine my horror when my brain, which associates morning tea time with some variant of a muffin, had to face off against my still sore stomach. Normally it would be stomach calling the shots.
Stomach: What shall we have today brain, a nice Raspberry and White Chocolate, or the Triple Choc.
Brain: We had Triple Choc yesterday, let's vary it today
Stomach: I concur. Oh how wise you are.
Together: MMMMmmmmm Muffins.

Today it was more like.
Brain: I'm hungry. Can't we have a muffin or six?
Stomach: Are you frickin' crazy? After what I've been through?
Brain: But I'm Soooooo Hungry.
Stomach: Stop your whining. Give me a good reason?
Brain: It's chocolately delicious.
Stomach: You make a compelling argument. Maybe just one.
Later
Stomach: OOOowwwwwwwooowowowowwwwooooooooo......

Ciao for Now, Brain One Stomach Zero Angry Dad.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, your poor stomach. isn't it weird that our stomach and brain don't just talk to each other? Wouldn't that be simpler? My brain KNOWS I have a big ass, but appartently my stomach does not. That is just crazy talk and must be a design flaw, ya think?

1:50 am  
Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Yep BBBI - Better Body by Illness - hope things get back to normal soon

4:29 am  
Blogger Jenn said...

LMAO that was hysterical! You sounded JUST like an Aussie Homer! tee hee hee

1:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home