Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Feeling significantly better with a baby

I've finally started to feel somewhat normal again, although I'm not regular at the moment. Actually, I took something to bind me up on Monday morning and it sure as hell worked because I haven't had to go since then and it's now Wednesday night. There is a lot to fill up. I still had today off, which worked a little to Anth's advantage. She had Celebration Day at Ethan's school in the morning, where the teacher's celebrated it only being two weeks to the end of the school year. She then had a working bee at Aidan's school, and went back again after lunch to do help with new parents who will be sending their kids to the Special school next year.

As much as she's a saint, her saintly husband had to put up with the baby who sticks to you all day as a result. It was deemed that I should now be over being virulent, so hopefully he wouldn't pick anything up. So I spent the day still relatively lethargic, but with a baby who is cheeky and gets up to mischief at the drop of the hat. Fortunately, he did manage to run out of steam three times today rather than the normal twice, so I got in some rest whilst he did as well.

That still didn't stop the naughty behaviours. We have a lounge that we don't encourage the kids to jump on. Of course we don't. It's not for the kids, its for the baby. We love that he eats his lunch and then goes and jumps on it, blurting his face on the window trying to get the attention of the dog. We love how no matter how much you yell "Get off the couch" from your own couch, he won't get off. I think I need a poking stick. Maybe 5 meters long. When I'm sick, I could use it to poke everyone.

Ciao for Now, I'm Back Baby Angry Dad.

5 Comments:

Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Yeah! Glad you are back and feeling better.....

Gotta love the bouncing babies...hehe

1:48 am  
Blogger Melissa said...

He's so freaking cute. Even jumping on the couch. Maybe a broom stick would work for poking kids.

School is out now? FOr how long?

11:30 am  
Blogger LBA said...

Didn't Homer have an equivalent of a poking stick when he got so fat he wore a muu-muu ?

d'oh !

3:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love anonymous's comment, but I don't know what that has to do with bouncing babies! Perhaps he read about your stomach discomfort and thought he could offer some help?

Now, onto this school thing...so your kids are almost done with school for the year? Do they have summer vacation now? How long are they off? Do the school years run with the calendar year? I am very intrigued with this whole school system you have going on over there! :) It kind of makes more sense than how we do it here.

1:56 am  
Blogger Wes said...

Anonymous commenters who post irrelevant links are the bain of my existance in blogging!

Our kids finish up in Mid December for Summer break, which goes for about 6 weeks. The School Year pretty much runs with the Calendar - January through December. All up, it isn't that much different, except for the seasons.

3:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home