Monday, November 27, 2006

Slowly Getting Better, But Still Missing Out

Last night really blew. Literally. Out both ends. Don't you hate it when the toilet isn't near the sink, and the sink isn't near the toilet? I chose the toilet, which meant after I'd recovered from passing out I had to clean up spew. What fun. Too much information? Anth, who has chosen not to sleep in the cess pit of our bedroom whilst I'm sick, was fortunate enough not to be able to hear my screams of personal torture. I did manage to wake Ethan up though. He thought it was his own nightmare.

Suffice to say, I didn't go to work today, but I did finally make it to the doctor, who unfortunately confirmed the obvious. Gastro. Drink lots of fluids, and rest. I haven't had much choice. I can't eat anything, and I've barely had the energy most of the day to go more than an hour before needing to lie down. This really sux.

What made it suck the most was I missed Aidan's Award's Night tonight. His special school had their annual awards night. Aidan won an award for independent dressing, which is good. I guess most of us take it for granted that we can dress ourselves, or our kids can dress themselves once they reach a certain age. The Award's Night also includes songs from the kids. Aidan's class sang Rock Around The Clock. He sure looks like he was having a great time, and Anth said all the kids were really excited. I wish I could have been there.

Ciao for Now, Slowly Getting Better Angry Dad.

6 Comments:

Blogger mollymcmo said...

awww, gastro just plain ole sucks!
hope you feel better soon :)

m

6:04 am  
Blogger carrie said...

Last time I felt like that, I was in Vegas - and pregnant!!! I do hope that you are on the "tail" (no pun intended, really) end of this and you feel better soon!!!

Carrie

6:18 am  
Blogger LBA said...

I like that award. Independent Dressing is a very cool thing, and I can see why you'd all be proud.

:)

9:45 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that blows that you are sick and missed the award -- great picture! I hope you feel better very soon!!!

1:20 pm  
Blogger Kristin said...

ugh. that's when it's handy to have a trash can in grabbing distance.

great photo of the boy... and feel better!

1:54 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photo of the boy indeed. I had that same EXACt gastro problem over Halloween. I feel your pain angry Sick Dad. I truly can not remember being that sick ever except for when I was pregnant, I was not a happy pregnant chick. I was SOOOOO sick with this flu and felt soooooooooo yucky. And I have never drank so much Pepto Bimsol in my entire life! hope you are feeling better and on to solid foods once again.

3:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home