Sunday, December 03, 2006

My Favourite Albums

This evening, on the ABC, they had a show on Australia's Favourite Albums. Of course, this is influenced by people who watch the ABC, which isn't everyone in Australia, and the resulting number one was Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon. A worthy choice, in my eyes, but not necessarily my favourite. Mine would have to go to the Album which came in at Number 5, which was The Beatle's Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

That said, over the years, I've had a number of albums, which at that particular time in my life, I would play continuously. These, in a somewhat chronological order would be:
Sex Pistols. Never Mind The Bollocks. Here's the Sex Pistols.
I've always thought Punk wasn't dead.
The Police. Regatta De Blanc.
Contains close to my all time favourite single, "Message in a Bottle".
The Human League. Dare!
I was big into synthesisers when I was an angsty teenager, and this was the king of electronic pop albums.
George Michael. Faith.
Mainly because I was a horny teenager, and I thought "I want your Sex" would be good to root to.
Midnight Oil. 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1.
As I became politically rebellious at late hight school, and fell back into Australian Music.
Nirvana. Nevermind.
Grunge Ruled.
Jeff Buckley. Grace.
From a man who could sing like and angel and rock like the devil possessed.
You Am I. Hourly Daily.
I discovered this Australian Band just at their peak. A brilliant mix of eclectic Australian rock angst.
Silverchair. Diorama.
This band has a musician in Daniel Johns who I think is as genius as David Bowie was in his early years.
Jack Johnson. In Between Dreams.
As I got older, I just wanted to chill.

This represents more chronologically what I was into as the above album's came into my life as they were released. Of course, there were others like Thriller, or even Sgt Pepper's, which I discovered after the hype. Then there are musicians that I love generically, like The Rolling Stones, Bob Marley, U2, the Red Hot Chilli Peppers, The Beach Boys, or Elvis (who really is the king), but I couldn't single out one album. I haven't even begun on classical yet. And it could all change tomorrow as well!

Ciao for Now, Music Loving Angry Dad.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love music.

Ironically, I was just commenting on another blog about music too. I related that I was so passionate, and rarely wrong in my rock trivia. Glenn A Baker was my Idol, and I wanted to grow up to be a rock know-it-all, just like him.

I took this pretty seriously.

Anyway, your albums pretty much mimic mine, if I were to compile a similar list ( too hard ! ). except there is no Aussie Crawl, and I really had the goods for them. And James. Saw him on the ABC Countdown thingy the other night and rocked on. Love ya, James.

What else. *LAUGHED* at your G. Michael "Want your Sex" thing - HA ! Read it out loud to my husband .. too funny ... Me and my g/f used to like to dance suggestively to "Cream", by Prince. Very sad, especially at 3am after a few Vodkas.... anyway.. ;)

8:01 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

You have great taste in music!

3:06 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home