Tuesday, December 05, 2006

No, No, Please No...

I can't believe it. I think I'm coming down with another bug. Aside from not having quite shaken off the remnants of the last one, as I still have stomach cramps, I think I may have picked up the other "flu" bug which is floating around. This is the one with the cold / hot sweats like the other one, except its followed up by coughing fits. I am not happy Jan. It's supposed to be Summer.

When I managed to zombie my way home tonight, I was fortunate enough to have all three boys behave themselves very well. Anth had her bookclub meeting, so she left me still upright with dinner. I did manage to dish it out, and get them all to eat. It was then back to the couch for a lie down. Fortunately, we had The Simpsons and Futurama on as a double, so it was quite easy to veg out.

So again I find myself at the keyboard, barely able to type, looking at the blurry type face on the screen and thinking "What the hell am I doing this for?" I hate that I feel guilty about potentially taking another day off work, damn this stupid Australian half assed work ethic. But against that, no one would want me going in there and passing on another set of germs to everyone. I'll see how I pull up in the morning.

Ciao for Now, Not Again Sickly Angry Dad.

7 Comments:

Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

OH NO!!! I guess your system was still working on the first illness when the second one was sneaking in......

Hope you get to feeling better very very soon

1:36 am  
Blogger Kristin said...

It's all the flying... those damn planes are nothing but a hotbed of illness.

Feel better.

2:43 am  
Blogger Kristin said...

damn this stupid Australian half assed work ethic.

& THAT cracked me up!

2:43 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hope you aren't getting too sick. I stumbed across your blog (I hope you don't mind me reading this) because I did a Google search on "Angry Dad", my favorite Simpsons episode. It is so strange to see the time you posted- I am in Massachusetts, US, so it is noon on Tuesday the 5th here right now.

3:13 am  
Blogger Melissa said...

Sick again. Oh shit. I hope you feel better soon.

5:18 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feel better and don't take the evil germs to the office to share!!

May you heal quickly and take some vitamins!

5:28 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

UGH, I hope you are feeling better. I am with Kristen, I bet it's all the traveling you have been doing. Which reminds me, I need to go take my vitamins! :)

2:26 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home