Saturday, December 16, 2006

Budgie Smugglers

No, this isn't a debate over whether board shorts are better than speedos, rather it's about budgies. Real Budgies. Well, actually, a single budgie, who was lost. Ethan and I went out for a morning run, and as I ran out of steam because it was very humid this morning, we walked the second half. As we came back past the local park, we noticed a small bird literally hiding up against the park fence. He, or she, was green and yellow in colour, and obviously quite frightened. I didn't really have anything to pick him up with, so I thought I'd go home and see what we could get.


Anth is our resident bird expert, so she suggested taking down a small towel to wrap him up with. Ethan and I jumped in the car, and headed back down to the park to see if he was still there. He was, having shifted about 2 metres away. He was quite easy to pick up, and once we got him, we took him back home so Anth could have a quick look and make sure he was alright. She checked him over, and then said we should take him to the local vet, because he was obviously lost.


So off Ethan and I went down to the vet, who very quickly took him off his hands. She of course asked Ethan if he wanted a budgie, if the owners couldn't be found, and after that little adventure what more would he say except "Yes!". So we will ring up the vet on Tuesday and see if he's been claimed. Lucky Wednesday isn't a cat.

Ciao for Now, Budgie Smuggling Angry Dad.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That little bird is so cute! I hear they are very messy though. Okay, now, just so I have this straight, is a budgie the same as a bird?

And Chad wants to know does it get very hot in Aussie in the summer? And does it get cold in the winter? I am still tripped out that it's summer in December so I can't offer him much help! :)

5:05 am  
Blogger carrie said...

That is so cute!

Carrie

12:46 pm  
Blogger Jenn said...

Looks like your little budgie friend is a girl! Boy ones have Blue on the top of their beak, and that one looks to have white. Although I'm sure your resident bird expert knew that! LOL

So did ya end up with a new pet?

p.s. I love the pic!

2:41 am  
Blogger LBA said...

That pic is so cute.
What a nice 'feelgood' story.

I'm catching up on your bloggings today, so perhaps i'll read on to find you got a new pet then ?

1:24 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Cutie hope she survived.

1:06 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home