Monday, December 18, 2006

6 days to Christmas

In our house we have a chalk board which says "Santa is coming in ___ days." Every morning, Ethan gets up and his first activity is to change the number. Today it has been changed to six days. Although this isn't strictly correct, because Ethan believes Santa will come on Christmas Eve then he isn't counting the actual Christmas Day. It all seems to be happening so fast.

It has been interesting keeping what is effectively an online diary of our activities for the year. Actually, it really is just my embellished recollections of our activities for the year. I haven't specifically reflected yet on highlights and lowlights, but I know that a lot has happened. The biggest change would be with Callum, moving from a baby into a toddler. However, there have been changes with both of the other boys. Ethan received an exemplary first year report this year, which shows how much great work he did over the course of it.

Anth and I have had our subtle changes as well. The addition of Callum has meant we've had to rethink the household structure, and means that next year we'll probably have to extend the house. We also have to think about a new car so we don't have to put up with the kids fighting for space in the back. We're both now one year older, and in my case, no more wiser. We're both trying to exercise more, but we both still eat too much chocolate and drink too much fizzy drinks and milo. Anth will punch me again when she reads that, because you don't mess with those things!

Ciao for Now, Reflective Angry Dad.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

How DARE you attempt to mess with drinking and/or chocolate! Sheesh.

2:42 am  
Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Yes, I would leave the things that keeps Anth happy A.L.O.N.E

3:21 am  
Blogger Ashley Lasbury said...

Does that mean that you will not be writing in 2007? Please, tell me that you will continue writing! You are a joy to read and for what it is worth, I think you are very wise. Half of the battle is acknowledging that what we do not know it all....

10:10 am  
Blogger Wes said...

I won't be publishing any more Angry Dad posts at the end of the year. The aim was to do a post every day for a year, so that's what I'll be doing!

I plan to start up another blog site about Brisbane, and things I love about the city.

9:37 pm  
Blogger Pollyanna said...

OH mAN! I am going to miss Angry Dad posts!!!! WAHAHWUAHWAHAHAHA. I don't want you to stop....

4:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home