Thursday, December 21, 2006

Last Day of Work

Today was my last day of work for the year. I was fortunate in that we finished up just after lunch, which meant the afternoon was free for Christmas shopping and test driving cars. My Christmas shopping was good, as I knew almost exactly what I needed to get, and was able to run around the city stores and grab the things I needed within an hour. Even though it was busy, this strategy worked a whole lot better than my browse for hours normal method. The problem is I haven't quite finished yet.

The rest of the afternoon, as mentioned, was spent going to various car yards and checking out what was on offer. We are thinking about upgrading our car, as with the 3 boys, we're sadly running out of space. We currently have a Toyota RAV 4, which has been a great car over the past few years. Unfortunately, it is just that little too small for all of us. Especially at the moment, with Callum still in a car seat, we find that on any longer trip the kids are all over each other.

So the decision is whether to go with something with a bit more space in the rear end, with possibly a third row of seats, or to go with a people mover. Anth hates people movers. They're not trendy enough. I'm aghast at what most of the car manufacturers claim as their 7 seat vehicles. For most, you couldn't fit a ferret in the back seats, let alone 2 so called adults. It's a gyp. So we'll argue, and discuss, and review, and finally come to a consensus soon. When and if we do, I'll let you all know! (Unless its after the new year of course!!)

Ciao for Now, Car Testy Angry Dad.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

I was all psyched for the Volvo 7 seater and hello - the back row was for dwarfs.

We have an Expedition and are going to the Suburban because we need more trunk space... 3 kids and 3 dogs means we are less than eco-friendly in our car choices.

3:20 am  
Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Oh please tell me you aren't going to go with a minivan......

4:22 am  
Blogger Pollyanna said...

A people mover? A mini van? Hmmmmm...I say go with a SUV. We have a Mercury Mountaineer, do you have those over there? We LOVE our SUV. Someday we'd love a Suburban...very expensive over here....

4:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home