Monday, January 16, 2006

Britney or Cameron?

This morning I spent most of my time in the pool. I took Aidan down at around 9:30am. Ethan, who was meant to come, was also meant to signal Mum as to whether there were any shaded areas. Instead of staying with Aidan and me, he ran off, ran around all the pools, and then ran back to the room. I, of course, thought he was still in the pool area. Once he was out of sight I madly dashed around trying to find him. See how well “Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt” (FUD) does get in to the average Middle-Australian mind-set. After a five-minute search, I dashed back to the resort room to warn Anth he was missing. He was there, and when I tried to tell him he shouldn’t run off he decided he’d rather stay with Mum than swim with me.

Ethan wandering away from us is becoming a common occurrence. I like that he feels independent enough that he can do his own thing, however, in unknown shopping centres this isn’t a great thing (see above FUD comment!). He is just emulating what I did as a kid. My day record for getting separated from Mum was three times in one shopping centre, at Northland in Melbourne. Its one of the few times Mum actually smacked me, and I think it was mainly out of frustration of having a shopping trip go so terribly wrong – and the embarrassment of having to go to centre management thrice probably didn’t help.

So I went back down to the pool with Aidan, and we swam and had fun for an hour before we did the swap over and Ethan came back down. Aidan is quickly making friends with everyone in the resort. This allows Ethan to also make friends, and they are both quite sociable kids. Ethan has made friends with one of the other boys staying here, and together they decided that I would have to chase them, and they would chase me once caught. I quickly got them, then went and hid in the hot spa area.

Whilst waiting for the kids to find me, there were two sixteen (or around that age) year olds hitting on each other. This intrigued me, as these days it seems to be the girls hitting on the guys rather than the other way around. The line of questioning from the young lady was a question/answer thing. I wasn’t really getting the whole conversation, but as the spa bubbles cut out she said
“Britney or Cameron”.
The guy got quite uncomfortable, glanced across at me and said
“Umm, Cameron”.
“Really? I think Britney is heaps hotter.”
At that point, the kids found me, so I had to dash off before I was caught.

This hasn’t stopped me from thinking about the answer. I pondered this with Anth, and although I think that Cameron is pretty hot, I do have a soft spot for Britney ever since I heard a live spot she did during one of her first visits here. She’s Toxic, even if she is a redneck. Fortunately, in the spa I kept my big mouth shut. As my wife said, “If you had said anything, you would have just looked like a creepy old man”.

That I am. Ciao for Now, Angry Dad.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

3 Comments Mr AD06.
1. Britney
* She's a "New Soul" and terribly shallow. No life / lives experience. Cameron has more substance to her. There you go - argument solved.
2. Kids and FUD
* You seem to be a very concerned dad. I'm not a dad so I find it easier to make this comment. The fear of abduction and all nasties that could happen to your child is what makes it worse for both yourself and society at large. Then with c*ckheads like Alan J*nes (whose sole purpose in life is to spread FUD) makes it all the more worse. I shouldn't blame Alan - he's a product of what people want. The media in general is to blame for the creation and spreading of FUD.
* All these things are most likely creating self-fulfilling prophecies.
* Yes, you are going to argue that even if so you are not going to change since if anything happened to your kids you'd ...
* Ultimately society is to blame - "All right then, arest them then!"
* Conclusion - my essay (if it existed) would argue that our society is a product of hype, fiction, fears and ultimately what makes money - people want to hear about bad things. People want to fear. People want to blame someone (aslong as it isn't them). People want to belive there are bad people. People need an enemy.
3. Blog name
* I'm wondering AD06 what you are going to do in 2007? Retain the blog and keep populating, create a new one for 2007 or stop doing altogether.
*I can't believe you'd stop blogging (you addict!)
* I reckon you should have called it "AngryDadTillItsAllOver". Doesn't roll off the tongue so perhaps "AngryDadTits" (acronym not quite correct but its got a real ring).

10:26 pm  
Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

OK so Britney used to be cute but she is looking skanky these days. I think Cameron is the better all around package.

OH and NEVER waste your money on a Britney concert - it was the most horrible concert I have ever been too and this from a girl who has seen Sha-na-na live and in color...haha

11:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home