Saturday, January 14, 2006

Holiday Packing

Some people just know how to pack. I had a friend, Erv, who no matter what size vehicle you had, and no matter what collection of things you needed to get into that vehicle, he could always get it in. He seemed to have an in-built instict for packing that allowed it all to happen. I have seen this parodied on The Simpson's 300th episode "Strong Arms of the Ma" when Homer turns all the suitcases into a Tetris game for the purposes of loading up the car for a holiday.

I, unfortunately, don't have this knack. Everything turns into a huge squeeze, where it all just gets shoved in with the knowledge of when we get out at the other end all packages will eitehr explode out of the car, or be squished flat as a tack, with lots of damaged contents. Always a great way to start a holiday.

I've done my own packing of clothes. I always pack three times more stuff than I actually need. I think that I like the idea of "choice", although I alwys end up just wearing the same thing - shorts, T-Shirt, thongs (the flip flop kind - not the G!). My wife is far more efficient at getting it all done, and she also does all the kids. If I did the kids, it would just be to shovel up all the stuff they leave on the floor. Anthea actually knows what she's doing. There should be parenting classes on this kind of thing, as it would sure make getting out of the house a lot easier. If Erv ever needs a new career path, that could be it!

Holidays await, happy happy joy joy. Ciao for Now, Angry Dad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home